Creekside Park in Kentfield, across from Marin General Hospital on Bon Air Road, has recently undergone a major face lift. The most notable addition for those in the pétanque community is an informal playing area amongst oak and other trees, with picnic tables, comfortable benches and water fountains.
The renovated park will retain the same general configuration; however a number of exciting upgrades have been incorporated into the new design, including:
- An expanded playground with wonderful opportunities for creative play—an innovative climbing wall, a climbing net, and a sand and water play area, together with traditional swings and slides, will challenge and thrill kids of all ages.
- A marsh overlook with stunning views of Creekside Marsh and Mount Tamalpais.
- A redesigned amphitheater which will allow “theater-in-the-round” presentations to local school-age children.
- Expanded picnic sites. A healing garden, with herbs and perennials that have healing qualities that have been used for medicinal purposes.
- An informal area for pétanque or other similar games.
- Improved access throughout the park.