Marin hosted the first-annual Interclub Tournament in 2007 with the goal being that the hosting duties would rotate to a different club every year. The following year’s host was to be chosen from the participating clubs by random method, at the end of the tournament day. Sacramento won the toss to host the 2008 tournament.
Bring your own Lunch / Aperitif will be served at the Awards Ceremony
Pre-registration through your club President is required.
Participants must play only with members from their ‘primary’ club.
On-site PRE-REGISTERED PLAYER CHECK IN ends: 9:30 / Games start: 10:00
Registration fee $3.00 per player
Details for Interclub Tournament Format and Club Eligibility
1) In order to be eligible to participate, a club has to present a MINIMUM of eight (8) players and has to present an EVEN number of players. This has to be coordinated by each club and the Host Club is to receive the list of enrolled players from the President or Director of Sports of each club by the Wednesday that precedes the tournament date. (All team members must play with their “primary” club. Associate members are not eligible.)
2) On-site PRE-REGISTERED PLAYER CHECK IN ends at 9:30 and games start at 10:00.
3) 3 qualification games played in doublettes with random pairing of the members of the same club .
4) Within each club, each of their players will be ranked according to number of wins and number of points.
7) In case there are 2 clubs ranking equal for the second place (which allows this club to play in the finale), the club having the larger number of players enrolled in the tournament wins the second place and plays the finale.
8) In case there are 2 players of a given club which rank equal for third place (which allow them to be part of the finale game triplette), the sport director (of the host club) will choose randomly between these 2 players (by coin toss).
9) The hosting club offers aperitif at awards ceremony.
10) No Cash Prizes will be given. A minimal entry fee will be charged to offset the cost of trophy engraving and aperitif served.
11) The perpetual trophy was sponsored by Bank of the West (with their logo and the title of the tournament on the trophy) After each tournament, the year, name of wining club and winning triplette will be engraved at the cost of the hosting club.
Going East on I-50 towards South Lake Tahoe, after the Watt Ave exit, continue on and exit right on Mather Field Road. Stay right on Mather Field Road, past Rockingham, at the next light turn right unto Peter Mc Cuen Blvd. The courts are across the street from the water tower.